Re: Issue with Amaya 9.55: a bug in the parsing check function?!

JEMebius wrote:
> Berkel en Rodenrijs - NL - November 21st 2007
>
> Dear W3C Staff,
>
> I would like to report an issue with the latest Amaya, version 9.55.
> It is an unexpected error message during syntax-checking a specific
> web page.
>
> The web page is at http://www.xs4all.nl/~jemebius/So4.htm
>
> This page is valid HTML 4.01 Transitional according to your latest
> markup validator at http://validator.w3.org/   (*)
>
> Under Amaya 9.55 the parsing error button lights up red. The message reads
>
> Blue lines are links activated by a double (or a single) click
>
> *** Errors/warnings in E:\HTM\JEMNew\So4.htm
>   line 12: Invalid Selector "active"
>

> The body tag - at lines 12 and 13 - reads

>  alink="#ff9900" link="#0000ff" vlink="#990000">
>

> At first sight nothing wrong.
>
> I checked this also with Amaya 9.22 and 9.51; both versions showed a
> green parsing error button.
>
> At second sight I guess that the message /Invalid Selector "active"/
> was a reaction to the line break from line 12 to line 13, which
> appears in the midst of the tag, and therefore may have been treated
> incorrectly by Amaya 9.55.
>
> I would like to know from you in due time if I did nevertheless
> something wrong, or perhaps less elegant. - My thanks in advance.

Hello,

The message Invalid Selector "active" comes from the attribute
alink="#ff9900" in the body tag. This attribute generates a css rule
":active" but this rule is not yet supported and Amaya reports an error.
It shouldn't.
We'll try to fix that by the next snapshot.

Thanks,
Laurent Carcone