Re: Amaya 9.55-2 and Debian Unstable don't like each other

Florian Dufour a écrit :
> Irene Vatton a écrit :
>> On Wednesday 03 October 2007 15:40, Florian Dufour wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just installed Amaya 9.55-2 Debian package ; I downloaded it on w3c
>>> website. I use Debian Sid (unstable).
>>>
>>> Unfortunlately it crashes when I try to open the "Open" menu. This bug
>>> has been reproduced on three other computers, also using Debian Unstable
>>> x86.
>> It seems to be a bug with the gtk-x11 library.
>> Do you know what are major changes with this Debian Unstable version?
>
> Thanks for your answer. I'm not able to give some clue about gtk-x11
> library.

Hi,

I found a workaround.

Let me add some informations about Debian gtk-x11 library : it seems
that the 2.12 version was accepted in unstable on september, 20th.
Before that, that was the 2.10.12 one.

Then I found some informations on Debian bugtracker, which led me to an
Eclipse crash which seems similar :

Within that report, I found a workaround : if you add
G_SLICE="always-malloc" in your environment, Amaya works again !

Bye,

--
Florian Dufour

INRIA - Direction des Systèmes d'Information
Tél : 04 76 61 52 39 - Mél : Florian.Dufour@inrialpes.fr