Re: wmv

On 1/04/2007, at 1:36 AM, PATRICK JOHN MCFADDEN wrote:

> I recently downloaded Amaya from Versiontracker with the intention of
> setting up my first website. I found linking to jpegs OK but cannot
> seem
> to get Amaya to link to movies.

linking/embedding multimedia is a black art, not just for Amaya.

The following page is over 4 years old, but still a good illustration
of how servers, browsers, plugins, and media players conspire to confuse
code, evade mime declarations, and generally make life difficult for
authors.

http://alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay

Amaya as an authoring tool has not in the past handled media plugins.
75% of browsers are some version of Internet Explorer, which also
does not handle media plugins, but prefers ActiveX controls.

Apple has a comprehensive guide of how to embed Quicktime for Windows/IE

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/QuickTime/Conceptual/
QTScripting_HTML/index.html>

Doubtless Microsoft will have detailed instructions for wmv, but
these will probably be aimed solely at Windows/IE clients...

---
Peter Kerr      Snr Technician
School of Music   6 Symonds St
University of Auckland      NZ