Re: Displaying Chinese characters: some of them becomes to a block

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 11:05:15 -0000, liu.yan 刘研 <liu.yan@china-motion.com> wrote:

> The font most widely used in Windows CHS version is "宋体"(SongTi),
> It's the default font on Windows95 CHS to WindowsXP CHS, it's located at %WINDIR%\Fonts\simsun.ttc.
> IE also use "宋体" as the default font to display web pages.
>
> But Windows Vista CHS and IE7 for Vista are using "微软雅黑"(MS_YaHei) as the default font now.
> MS_YaHei font will displayed better with ClearType enabled.

The strange thing is that even though they characters don't display correctly in Amaya, if you save the file and open it with IE or Opera there they are exactly as they should be, so there's clearly no problem with the inputting.

> In Amaya, I can't find an option to choose the default font to display HTML documents.

There's a Fonts.Win file in the Amaya 5.2x\config folder that you can open and edit the file with Notepad. I tried this on a previous version of Amaya for the international version of XP, but it didn't solve the problem. I haven't yet tried with v 9.52, though

Christopher

--
Yahoo Messenger: charliecharlieecho
Skype: charliecharlieecho