Re: [www-amaya] <none>

Lars Bruzelius wrote:
> 17-02-2006 which is incorrect. In this case Amaya should pick up the
> preferred format from the system preferences, i.e. in this case
> yyyy-mm-dd. Why the Amaya team chose the dd-mm-yyyy format for the
> non-ISO 8601 format is beyond me.
I believe it is because CVS (a commonly used version control system)
uses this format for its date stamps.

The ISO format feature was added because (naturally) some people don't
use CVS, and they wanted a more "useful" format. (I would argue that
both ways are equally useful, it's just that Americans and the Japanese
prefer to mix things up. Their prerogative, I suppose.)

Archer

End.