Re: Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

On Sunday 08 January 2006 19:04, Adrian wrote:
> A little difficulty with the latest version(s) of Amaya, platform is a DELL
> GX150 (second hand & cheap) 128Mbyte Mem, DEBIAN Sarge 3.1r0a (Official -
> whatever that means :-)
>  As I successfully dpkg -i the "amaya_wx-9.3-1_i386.deb" distribution after
> removing the DEBIAN 8.5 version and found there wasn't an html sub-dir in
> the usr/lib/Amaya-9.3.1/doc directory, dpkg -r'd it and tried the
> "amaya_gtk-8.8.3-1_i386.deb" instead.
> Hmmm, it dpkg'd allright and there was a link for the html sub-dir in place
> (sort of guessing that what was missing in the _wx version - yet to
> verify).

Due to a bug in the script that generates the package he html sub-dir was
missing in latest distributions.
It will fixed in the new distribution we're preparing for end of January.

> Bit of a pain and learn curve with all the different package
> handlers in Debian - was a lot easier on Solaris. Cutting to the chase, on
> invoking Amaya _gtk version, had the following:-
>
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
>   serial 142 error_code 2 request_code 51 minor_code 0

I suggest to execute a "xset fp" in a xterm.
It should solve the problem.

> Like, splinters in the fingers scenario - compared the html'd download with
> the FTP version both at 6407542 bytes and passed cmp perfectly ok - would
> have preferred MD5 as a confidence boost. The _wx version was 10600394
> bytes significantly larger but haven't done any cmp - is there any major
> difference between them and why is the _wx over 50% larger than the _gtk
> one?

WX version provides a more rich User Interface (tabs, panel tools, CSS
interface) and a more complete SVG support (transformation, animation).
You can see screenshots at http://www.w3.org/Amaya/screenshots/Overview.html