Re: preformatted text not handled properly

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 23:43, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the document on
>
>     http://www.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/projects/docbook-css/cvsspam-doc.xml
>
> is a DocBook document which uses some cool CSS stylesheet for DocBook.
> However, when displayed in Amaya, one can see that Amaya doesn't seem to
> handle preformatted text as such.  The document is correctly displayed in
> Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4.

It would be managed correctly if XML elements have a XML attribute
xml-space="preserve".
The preserve constraint concerns the document contents (spaces should be still
preserved when the document is saved after an edit).
CSS concerns only its current presentation.