Re: bug-reports amaya 8.51 and 9.51

On Thursday 08 June 2006 19:12, Rigo Wenning wrote:
> Am Thursday 08 June 2006 16:53, sprach Irene Vatton:
> > Yes, I guess we can force the libpng12-0 in the build.
>
> Irene, when would it be available?

Our plan is to have a new release mid september to let us make significant
progress on the formatter.
But as I suggested to Regis, we could generate a snapshot end of June.

> > There is probably a link with the following entry in .amaya/thotrc file
> > GL_ACCELERATED=
>
> I will try that out..

> > This is a GTK 1 limitation and then a limitation of the Amaya
> > GTK-version.
>
> Irene, this GTK-error happened with the WX-Version 9.51. So are you mixing
> WX and GTK?

Oops, yes.
It seems a problem between the X code run on the client (the box which runs
amaya) and the X server code (the box that displays).

> > The best would be to have GL hardware implementations fixed.
>
> This may take some time :(
>
> > But meanwhile Rigo, I don't know if it works, you could test if the
> > debian package generated by Regis works with GL_ACCELERATED=no in the
> > file .amaya/thot.rc
>
> The version of Regis always behaves in the same way and always enables
> hardware acceleration. That means it ignores the GL_ACCELERATED=no
> variable.

A control of the hardware acceleration is probably a future solution to
investigate.

> > I know that this GL_ACCELERATED variable must be set to "no" on a large
> > set of Windows platforms to prevent important troubles.
>
> In my case, changing the variable does not have any effect. The version of
> amaya from the sid-repository is not usable here (unfortunately as the
> hardware acceleration makes it react real fast)

The hardware implementation with or without acceleration makes it of course
faster, as with the soft imlementation all screen updates pass thru the
network (run on the client).

What is your video card?
If it's a nvidia, you can test this option in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Device"
        Option "RenderAccel" "Off"