Re: Japanese Input Method does not work on Amaya 9.2.2 standalone MacOsX

Hello Laurent,

I reply here to your questions:

I used a unicode font that I installed for writing Japanese with LaTeX.
The instructions are here:
http://www.ece.uci.edu/~chou/unicode-tex.html

As it is not very easy to install and furthermore, the tex 2005
version has problems, I can send you an archive of my tex directory
if you like.

You may also open the font book in the Applications directory. There,
you may have specific Japanese fonts. I have ones but they came with
Microsoft Word, so we might look deeper into the fonts in order to
select a wide unicode font that is bundled in the MacOs system and to
preselect this font in the next Amaya release for MacOs...

The kotoeri methods you can use in order to write Japanese characters
are Hiragana, Katakana and Ainu. The most frequently used is Hiragana.

I tried also with the Chinese input methods and I had the same
problems: the conversion from pronunciation to ideograms did not work
either.

Mathieu

On 19 oct. 05, at 16:42, Laurent Carcone wrote:

> Hello Mathieu,
> The problem is that we are (still ?) not experts in the support of
> Japanese
> characters under mac (the mac version of Amaya is quite recent).
> Any help to
> improve this support is welcome.
> We'd like to know which font did you install to display Japanese
> text and
> where did you download if from ? We'd also like to know what is the
> appropriate input method for Japanese characters (which kotoeri
> methods do we
> have to select and use).
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Laurent Carcone
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I already mentionned this problem but it was hidden on a thread
>> and =20
>> nobody answered:
>>
>> I followed the instructions for adding a font for Unicode
>> characters =20
>> in order to display properly Japanese kanji.
>> This step was OK, I can view some Japanese text in Amaya.
>>
>> The problem is that I can't modify it. When I want to use the
>> built-=20
>> in MacOs Japanese input method, it does not work. The conversion
>> from =20=
>>
>> pronunciation letters (romaji) to Japanese kanji and kana does not
>> work.
>> I don't know how you developped the standalone mac version but it
>> is =20
>> the first time that I encounter this problem with a MacOs
>> standalone =20
>> app...
>>
>> Is there a hack for entering Japanese directly in Amaya?
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.
>>
>> Mathieu
>>
>> Mathieu MANGEOT-NAGATA
>> Condillac - LISTIC - Universit=E9 de Savoie
>> Campus Scientifique
>> F-73376 LE BOURGET DU LAC CEDEX
>> Tel: +33 4 79 75 81 89 / 87 85

Mathieu MANGEOT-NAGATA
Condillac - LISTIC - Université de Savoie