Re: Keyboard shortcuts in Amaya menus

Irene Vatton wrote:

> It could work if Amaya doesn't use shortcut sequences (like Ctrl h Ctrl p to
> create a preformatted). The toolkit is not able to display these kind of long
> shortcuts in menus, so they are displayed as part of menu entries.

You are talking about the widget toolkit yes?

> We have 3 possible solutions:
>  - keep the current status waiting for a possible solution with the toolkit,
>  - display the first part of the shortcut (Ctrl h) into the entry and the
>    second part (Ctrl p) aligned as a classical shortcut.
> What do you think?

A fourth solution:

Ctrl H P

Much shorter and will certainly fit into the menu. Since there is no
mixing like Ctrl H Alt P, such a shortening is quite possible.

Besides, I should think everybody is used to this kind of writing. In
case you want to make it explicit, use Ctrl + H + P or Ctrl+H+P. But the
latter is again cluttered and the former too long. Ctrl H P is just fine.

Oh, and another thing - it would be better if some consistency in
capitalization is maintained. I see some accelerators in capitals and
some in small. Capitals are the standard everywhere (especially since
they are what a use sees on the keyboard) and they should be used.

Thanks for responding.

--

STAY CCE +2005-05-12 +0530
http://samvit.org/calendar