Re: SVG rendered in pixels no matter the specified units

Le Jeudi 28 Avril 2005 14:01, jlanus@netscape.net a écrit :
> Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr> wrote:
> >SVG transformations are only supported by 9.x versions.
> >You can test, it works with 9.1.
>
> Pity (damage). I think few users are on Amaya 9 due to the fact that it's
> still unstable. Me myself, I tried and unistalled 9.0 and later 9.1 because
> I was unable to do things with it, and because it ate so many resources in
> my not-so-powerful PC.

We think that using wxWidgets and OpenGL is a good choice for the future, but
we agree that Amaya 9.x versions need improvements and we continue to work
hard on them. A better control of OpenGL used resources is one of the
improvements we already did in the future version.
We have less problems with Linux versions because Amaya provides its own
OpenGL library (Mesa). It's unfortunately not the case on Windows platforms
and Amaya has to use the implementation provided by the current installed
driver. We encourage people to update their driver version and probably avoid
driver optimizations to solve a large set of prefromance problems.

> In the meantime I tried Amaya, Visio and StarOffice to diagram a finite
> automata for the design of a web site's interaction. My preferred solution
> was Amaya, the tool I use to write documents.
>
> I discarded Amaya because I didn't find an easy way to put text into a
> shape, text *into* the shape that moves and reflows when the shape moves
> and resizes. An "easy" way means something like to control-click or
> alt-click or ctrol-alt-enter into the shape and start writing. I was unable
> to do it except by editing the source view or grouping. Every new release I
> test it ...   :-( Another must-have is a means to easily connect two shapes
> so that they remain connected when I move them around. StarOffice has
> "lines" and "connectors". To draw diagrams connectors are much more useful
> than lines. Saludos!

We'd like to work on this king of SVG edits, but we first need to make Amaya
more stable.