Re: Amaya Bug - Site do not display

Randy Balbuena wrote:

> Hi again. Another issue with Amaya I would like to report. I don't know
> if Amaya is supposed to be HTML Strict by design. Any way I'm trying to

As far as I know, it is strict by design, specially if html-strict is choosen
(as I most times do).

> contribute. Please let me know. Details below. -Randy

> Issue:      Web page cannot play background music.
> Site:       http://home.att.net/~joliver
>
> Diagnostic: Page displays correctly, but has no sound.
>
> Browser:    Amaya 8.6 (Jul 9, 2004)
> OS:         Windows XP SP2
>
> Comments:   Mozila Firefox 1.0 does not play the music.
>             Internet Explorer 6.0 does play the music.
>
>             The BGSOUND object is a Microsoft extension to
>             HTML, that has been around since many years.
>                         The element is available in HTML as of
>             Internet Explorer 3.0, and in script as of
>             Internet Explorer 4.0.
>
>             More information about this element can be found at:

What's the problem? Your info clearly states it is not part of the HTML
standard. It even states it is Micro$oft special. From my point of view, it is
just one of the issues in the browser war, specially at the time it is inserted
(M$IE 3 and MSIE4, that's a long way back...)

CBee