Re: ftp/sftp and Amaya

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:07:07 +0200
"V. Risak" <veith.risak@tele2.at> wrote:

> I have a problem; perhaps someone can give me a hint:
>
> I use Amaya to compose/maintain xml and xhtml-texts for my lectures.
> The files are at a university-server in Salzburg and I often maintain
> them from Vienna.
> Because of spam, hacking and worse the Salzburg-server is very
> restrictive. I have only access from abroad by ssh and sftp and a firewall.
>
> Therefore I am not able to work with these files directly from Amaya. I
> always have to download (sftp) the files, maintain them and then upload
> them back.
>
> Of course I can use local emacs with macros for this task (over ssh),
> but the different views ... of Amaya are much more conveniant.
>
> Is there any way to work directly with Amaya using sftp?

You know that the ftp put can be protected by passwords and resricted to
a limited set of people. But I suspect you cannot change your current constraints.
I'm not expert in ssh and I don't know if it's possible to launche Amaya thru a
ssh tunnel.
One solution could be to write a script that does automatically the job before and
after launching the amaya session.