Re: Amaya 8.5 for Linux freezes when compiled with OpenGL (font problem)

On Tue,  4 May 2004 07:06:58 -0400 (EDT)
Frédéric Perrin <fred.per1@mystere-bleu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> I use Linux on my computer, I compiled Amaya 8.5 from source with
> OpenGL, the compilation (with "../configure --with-gl --with-gtk
> --with-i18n") is successful but when I try to launch Amaya I get the

--with-gl is enough

> folowing message : "Cannot load any GL fonts" in the terminal, then the
> window of Amaya freezes and I must kill the process.
> The previous version of Amaya was working fine on my computer, but in
> this version 8.5 I am very interested in SVG and SMIL support, it is why
> I would like to compile it with OpenGL.
> Excuse me for my approximative English, I am a French student...
> Many thanks for the Amaya project !
>
> Frédéric Perrin.
> --
> Site web : http://www.mystere-bleu.org/
> E-mail : fred.per1@mystere-bleu.org

The list of fonts used by Amaya is stored in files
  Amaya/config/fonts.gl
and
  Amaya/config/fonts.gl.deb

I suggest
1) You copy the Amaya/config/fonts.gl file into your $HOME/.amaya/directory
2)  then you edit this new file to point to existing font files