Re: Pasting of Unicode characters *still* buggy

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 05:34:45AM -0700, James J. Ramsey wrote:

> > > Amaya should at least accept Unicode characters pasted from
> > > GNOME's character map.
>
> --- Irene Vatton <irene.vatton@inrialpes.fr> wrote:
>
> > A possible solution is to let the user change the
> > encoding.
> > There is a global variable called Default_Charset in
> > the $AmayaHome/thot.rc that allows
> > to force the default encoding, but there is no UI to
> > change this value.
> > Perhaps setting this value to UTF-8 or UNICODE-1-1
> > will solve your problem?
>
> It didn't work; I tried the values UTF-8, UNICODE-1-1,
> utf-8, and unicode-1-1. BTW, in addition to changing
> Default_Charset, I also changed DOCUMENT_CHARSET to
> utf-8 with Amaya's GUI.

It appears that X was extended for UTF8 strings:

http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/UTF8_STRING/

(from Markus Kuhn's Unicode FAQ
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html#x11)

Looking at get_targets in thotlib/dialog/appdialog.c Amaya currently
only supports STRING, not UTF8_STRING.

--
Brian Campbell