  • From: Brant Langer Gurganus <brantgurganus2001@cherokeescouting.org>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:38:25 -0500
  • Subject: Re: Amaya GL version
  • To: paul.cheyrou.lagreze@inrialpes.fr
pcl wrote:

> You described several bugs in GL version that I didn't manage to
> reproduce. How GL and "normal" Amaya version cohabits on your platforms ?

I only had the GL version installed.  I recently reformatted and now
have the 6.4 snapshot non-GL installed.  When the next release comes, I
will uninstall it and install the new GL release.
I don't know if I mentioned it, but my display is usually 1024 x 768
32-bit color 85dpi Nvidia GeForce MX 100/200.  The problems have spanned
multiple driver versions (both WHQL and non-WHQL) as well as both
release version of Direct X and Direct X 9 Beta.  Interestingly, I set
the clock deep into the future and when I started Amaya GL, it said
Direct Draw had expired.  I though DirectX was separate from OpenGL so
there might be some issue with the two conflicting in some way.  I think
OpenOffice.org renders through OpenGL, and I see no issues with it, though.

--
Brant Langer Gurganus
http://troop545.cjb.net/brant.htm