Re: A Few Comments on Amaya

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Irene Vatton wrote:

  The support of preserve is in the todo list of Amaya.

Looking forward to it (but I guess it won't be very soon?)

  > 2) IBUG: One of the WCAG techniques is to use <map> to group HyperText
  > links [1]... and yet Amaya does not seem to display <map> even when it
  > is used in this way.

  I know that problem. If you consider that it's important to support
  that in Amaya we can change our priorities.

I consider that it is important both for supporting accessibility and
supporting HTML. It should be possible to create the element from the types
menu, and to render it if it has block content.

  > 6) BUG: Why is "information type" under the style menu? Semantic
  > elements under style?? I think that they should be under "types",
  > would be more appropriate.

  Because these tags work like a presentation style. There are toggles
  that set/unset the tag around the current selection. It's not the case
  for other entries in the type menu.

But they are not presentation styles, so it is a little confusing and may
encourage an author to understand wrongly.

  > 10) BUG: Why doesn't "show targets" tell you what that target is?

  Show targets shows all elements that can be used as a target (anchors
  with an attribute name, elements with an attribute id).

Could the support of this be worked into support for a user agent style
sheet, plus support of the content() CSS property and :before pseudo-element?

charles