Re: Amaya annoying behaviour

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Irene VATTON wrote:

> > Another behaviour of Amaya that I find really annoying is that when
> > it finishes loading a page into a window, this window puts itself in
> > the foreground, i.e. rotates up to the top of the window hierarchy
> > (I'm running under Unix/X11). This should be subject to the choice
> > of the user in some configuration menu.
>
> In many cases, when you download a page you plan to read it? So I guess it's
> interesting
> to see the result when the download is finished. Isn't it?

I think this popup feature is annoying as well.  Who is in charge in this
situation, the user or the computer?  If my manager asks me for some kind
of report I will provide it, but I won't interrupt his meeting to give it
to him, unless he tells me to.  If the browser is not on the top of the
window stack it is because the user doesn't want it there right now.

	[...]
>      Irene.

	Hugh
	hgs@dmu.ac.uk