Re: Double click problem and compiling problem

> > I suspect there is some timing problem in Amaya with respect to X.
> > Not only is there the above with double-click, but I also find that
> > the screen tends to "flash" when changing pages; and pixels tend to
> > go blank when you scroll with the arrow keys (the PgUp/Dn keys seem
> > to be all right, though), so that text lines may lose the bottom halves
> > of characters or go blank altogether. Text lines can get superimposed too.

It's not a Amaya problem, but a X problem. You can check in the code, the
Amaya
role is limited to react at each X event. If your window manager keeps events
or your X server omits to send them, Amaya cannot work fine.
That was confirmed by people who mentioned double-click problems and explained
that Amaya worked fine as soon as they changed their window manager.

> After seeing your reply and a few others (many thanks for the help) it
> seems that this is a real problem and one which has been on-going for some
> time.  I thought I'd try and compile amaya...no joy.  The make process is
> badly broken on my machine.  Among the errors I get is:
>
> configure: warning: Thot editor sources not found

I guess you didn't follow instructions to build Amaya.
You didn't create the target directory obj and you didn't go into this
directory
to start ../configure.

> It occurred to me to suggest to the developers (via this list) to adopt a
> <right-click> to follow a link and a <left-click> to edit, that is if the
> developers are unable to track this problem down.  Being unable to compile
> amaya (and only knowing how to write X11 software using Tcl/Tk) I have not
> attempted this myself.

We're considering the possibility to navigate with simple-clicks in the next
Amaya
release.

  Irene.