Re: troubleshooting

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Ramzi GUETARI wrote:

> Windows usually uses a resource editor to build dialogs,
> one edit a dialog box in which one put textedit windows,
> static text area, etc. All of this is built according to
> a given font which is by default "small font". If you change
> the font this make a trouble in the dialog boxes of course.

  Would it be possible to have horizontal scrollbars on text
  fields long enough to need them?

  Given the statement:

W3C's position is clear: All the protocols and languages we issue as
Recommendations should meet or
exceed established accessibility goals. In addition, we will actively
encourage the development of Web
software and content that is accessible to people with most disabilities.

  in the document:
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/Activity.html
  I think you should allow people to use large fonts if they
  need it.  I don't program under Windows, but I know there
  has been a fair amount of activity by Microsoft in the
  accessibility area, so they may have resources you can tie
  into that would  assist in this.  One place to look would
  probably be:
  http://www.microsoft.com/enable/
  which seems to be the jumping off point for their info.

  Hugh
  hgs@dmu.ac.uk