Re: foreign language...

Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Corne Beerse wrote:
>
> > > i saw amaya support several foreign langauge.
> > > i am korean.
> > > i want amaya support for korean language.
> > I see your english is limited.
>
>         So what ?
No offence, I just recognized the need.

> > What language support do you need?
> > - Do you need Amaya to be able to create korean language pages?
> >         I think that is already possible. There are English and French spelling
> > checkers since there is a spelling checker and there are english and french
> > word-lists. Provide it with a korean word-list to spellcheck korean.
> >
> > - Do you need Amaya to have korean options, menus, messages and korean help?
> >         I think that needs translation of all the messages in the source and
> > rebuilding. Since Amaya updates more than once a year, I don't think it is
> > worth doing.
>
>         Hmmm. I see your Hangul knowledge is limited...
>         I guess that part of the original question is more related with
> hangul typeing and unicode compliance. Having the GUI in korean does not
> help a lot if you're still obliged to compose in a latin alphabet !

True: Hangul? I was thinking that some azian countries use the latin
alphabet besides an own alphabet.

But that still leaves the question: needs Amaya to be translated or do you
need special aid in Amaya to create pages in your alphabet or languate. I
recognize some languages (arabic, chinese..) read and write in a differen
direction besides the different characters.

After all, I was just wondering, I don't know non european languages at all
and from the eropean only a few a little.

CB

--
When I became a man, I put away childish things, including my fear of
childishness, and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis