Re: disappointed

Towards the very end on the 2nd millenium a being known as Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

>> It's possible but frames _are_ a part of HTML 4 and if Amaya doesn't
>> support frames in the way one would expect from a browser (other than
>> Lynx) then it isn't truly HTML 4 compliant.
>
> Do you mean that HTML 4 browsers for blind people are not HTML 4 compliant
> just because they doesn't display frames as IE or Netscape?
> I guess you make a confusion between structure compliance and rendering
> compliance.

You got a point there. I just suppose I have a hard time seeing (no pun
intended) the web as a medium for blind people. I know however that
they use it - I actually got a question about my own site from someone
who couldn't see it.

> One major benefit of HTML is that it describes information which can be
> read on different devices (dumb terminals, large color screens, and in
> near future mobiles). Obviously it mustn't be displayed with the same
> rendering
> on all these devices.

Hmm, no. But then I think you contradict yourself here a bit. As it is
as you say, wouldn't it be appropriate if Amaya could display frames in
the same way as, say, Navigator? Perhaps one should be able to have an
option somewhere switching between methods to display frames?

And my main gripe about Amaya is that as over 90 percent of the
visitors to my site uses either Navigator or Explorer, and I use frames
on one part of the site, AND Amaya is an graphical editor it would be
very nice if I could view the results in Amaya and not have to change
to some other app for this.

BTW, you talk about different platforms. Isn't that the future of XML?
(I'm reading up on XML right now). Are there any plans to do an
XML-editing module for Amaya or as an stand-alone test editor?

> CSS have also be designed to alter the *standard* HTML rendering.
>
>> Just my equivalent of 2 c.
>>
>> There are other issues with Amaya which make it hard for me to use. But
>> I don't have to delve into those now.
>
> I'm interested. If you have enough time to send us a message about it?

Not now, sorry. It has to do with (among other things) the display of
images as compared to the rendering in Navigator. Perhaps I'm too
impatient to use Amaya properly.

> Regards
>   Irene.

Cheers,