Re: Compiling Amalya Problem - .depends not found

Deodatta Natekar <dnatekar@ge-harris.com> writes:

> Hi Everyone ,
>
>  I have downloaded recent version of Amaya , I am having problem during
> the following command
>
>  make all
>
> It throws following error during compilation
>
> make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 36: Read of include file
> `.depends' failed
>
> Where is the .depends file and what about it ?
>
> Following is my configuration
>
>  Source:   amaya 1.4a  ( downloaded from W3C)
>  System:   Sun Solaris 5.6
>
> What can be the problem ?

Solaris is probably using a BSDish make.  I get the same error if I
try to build using FreeBSD's system make.  It builds fine with Gnu
make (look for gmake or gnumake or download the sources from your
favorite Gnu mirror and build it yourself).
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.