Re: Some comments on Amaya 1.3a.

Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

> What do you want to say? Because old browsers didn't support properly
> mathematics
> they implemented a glitch to display Greek characters (sorry for me changing
> the
> font face to display Greek is really a glitch). Now there is a solution
> (MathML
> and mathematical entities) to support properly them, but these browsers
> doesn't
> implement this solution yet. And you say: "Why Amaya doesn't implement the
> glitch?

Irene-- Now there is a solution (MathML and mathematical entities) but these
browsers doesn't implement this solution yet and that includes Amaya. Amaya
does not support MATHML yet! I never said Amaya should implement the glitch.
I think putting pictures in the document is also a poor way to display math.
I do not like MATHML because it is hard to hand code, but MATHML is becoming the
standard so I will use it when it is supported by anybody.

> The Amaya goal is to promote new W3C technologies and not to encourage to
> maintain the old ones.
> We have a limited manpower (less than 3 full time people) and there
> are so many things to do!!!
You are doing a good job for so few people.

Regards, Jim
Jim FitzSimons
Mailto:cherry@neta.com