Re: Cache and other things

Hi,

> 	I've just started using Amaya.  Mosaic has pretty much gone the
> way of the dinosaur.  But I am having a few problems with Amaya.  I hope
> this is the place to mail it.  Well, here goes.
>
> 1.  I thought that amaya uses the libwww5.0 library.  If this is true,
> doesn't this library support persistant store cache?  When I run amaya, it
> doesn't seem to be cache'ing anything.  When I double click to go to
> another page, and press the array on the tool bar to return, the original
> page is reloaded, as if it was the first time viewing that page.  All the
> images are retransfered.  Note the other link did not purge the cache,
> because it doesn't include any large images.  So is there a cache for
> amaya?  It can't be used as much of a web viewer without one.

The libwww5.0 cache doesn't work well.

> 2.  Since amaya behaves like an editor, how does one use an image-map?  I
> tried double clicking on the map, but nothing happens.  How do I follow a
> link embedded inside a map?

Normally it works. Sometimes the trouble comes when the map is included in a
<P>
and Amaya cannot overlaps the image with the map.

> 3.  I noticed amaya doesn't have a history list.  Even word for windows
> has a recently opened docs list.  Any good editor should have one.  Could
> be useful for the viewer as well.

Amaya has the basic set to develop a history list, but we are working on new
developments
and nobody here can spend time to work on this feature.

> 4.  I also noticed the arrow buttons on the tool bar behaves like a
> circular list.  I don't think that is how it should be.  Maybe I'm just
> using it wrong?  Which leads to number 5...

It uses only the basic set of history list.

> 5.  Where can I get some docs on how to use amaya as a web viewer?  I
> already checked out the documentation page on the amaya home-page.  It had
> some basic commands, but nothing useful for heavy viewing usage.  I don't
> need publishing instructions, just something to help me get the same
> features out of amaya that other browsers have.

I'm not sure we can write a tutorial.