Re: Amaya and 32 bit color

> To:            root <root@hemul.p52.hioslo.no>
> Cc:            www-amaya@w3.org
> Subject:       Re: Amaya and 32 bit color
> Date:          Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:26:34 +0100
> From:          Daniel Veillard <veillard@praslin.inrialpes.fr>

> >There is a problem with Amaya 0.95b and 32 bit color, I get these messages
> >for most images:
> >
> >> Don't know how to format image for display of depth 32
> >
> >I use a Matrox Millenium under XFree86 3.2A on a RedHat 4.0 distribution
> >of linux, if that matters. Any workaround or fixes?
>
>   Could you try with packed 24 bits. We don't have such a graphics
> adapter here, the best is 24 bit displays. Otherwise the handling
> of 24 and 32 images should be similar, could you try to recompile
> from sources, changing in Thot/thotlib/image/gifhandler.c in function
> MakeImage around line 1019 :
>
>                break;
>             case 24:
>                bit_data = (unsigned char *) TtaGetMemory (width * height * 4);

>                break;
>             case 24:
>             case 32:
>                bit_data = (unsigned char *) TtaGetMemory (width * height * 4);
>
> and check wether this simple patch works.

Hm, compiling this thing seems to be a real project! Is there any distribution
available that is "nearly there"? I a bit confused about how to actually recompile
it all ...

---

I use 32bit color mainly because some programs have problems with 16 og 24 bits,
8bits and 32bits seem to work best for me at least.

-psi