Re: Help menu in Mac OS X

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 01:44, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> This is a translation issue. But it also a developer issue. However, I'm
> not a developer. Therefore I write to this list. I hope that is all right.
>
> When translating the Amaya dialogs, I also translated the Help menu
> (<label define="Help_">). But as I tested my translation out, I saw that
> Amaya displayed two Help menus: one translated Help menu - where the
> actual help was located, and another Help menu - in English, which was
> emtpy. This is, of course, a bug. It turned out to be the same issue for
> the allready existing localizations of Amaya also - except for the
> English localization. (I tested the German localization.)

Your Help files must be stored in the directory
Amaya/doc/WX/*.html.no

When the corresponding help file is not found out, Amaya displays the English
version instead. This is the case for German help files.
If you test with the French version, French help files are automatically
displayed.

> However, I found a way to avoid this problem. It has two steps:
>
>    1. For Mac OS X, do _not_ translate the <label define="Help_">
>       resource. (Doing this, will ensure that there will always be only
>       one Help menu - though it will also always be in English.)
>    2. For Mac OS X, _do_ place an empty language project folder inside
>       <Amaya.app/Contents/Resources/>. A langauge project folder is a
>       folder that begins with the name of the language and ends with
>       .lproj. (For example, I placed 'no.proj' there for my Norwegian
>       Mac OS X.  I also exerimented with 'de.lproj' for German Amaya,
>       and so on, and it worked very well!)

Amaya doesn't really use the specific Mac OS X mecanism
Amaya.app/Contents/Resources/. It uses its own mecanism on all platforms.

--
     Irène.
-----