Re: Norwegian translation

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 00:28, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> I have started on making a Norwegian translation of Amaya.  If it get
> more or less ready, I'd be happy if it gets included in  the official
> distribution.

The next release date will be 13 February, so please send us your translation
as soon as possible.

> (1) The way I did it was that I made copies of the xx-amayadialogue,
> xx-amayamsg, and xx-libdialogue and started translating. THis seems to
> work for the most part. But I now see that in reality I should have
> started editing the xml files base_am_dia.xml, base-am_msg.xml
> andbase_am_lib.xml. So I gues I'll have to bring the work into those files?

For us it's easier to integrate translations. Because sometimes we add or move
menu items. With xml files, we are sure of the correspondence between English
and Norwegian.

> (2) I have a problem that Amaya tends to forget my language setting, so
> that it constantly switches from Norwegian to English. (It _will_ use
> Norwegian, but each time I edit the preferenes, I find that unless I
> remember to select Norwegian again - even if I allready selected it,
> then it will switch to English. Is there something I can edit to make
> the menu stay? (When translating a programme, I like see and try things
> "live".)

You can try to add this last item as the last wxID_CHOICE_LG object
<item>no</item>
in the resource file
Amaya/resources/xrc/PreferenceDlgWX.xrc

--