Re: [amaya-dev]Re: still trying to compile Amaya on Windows

On Saturday 28 October 2006 03:13, Martin Duerst wrote:

> The issue that jconfig.h isn't found still persists. In two subprojects,
> both lebThotEditor and printlib, this happens when compiling jpeghandler.c,
> which includes jpeglib.h, which then wants to include jconfig.h, with
>     #include "../src/jpeg/jconfig.h"
> Looking at the actual files, jpeglib.h and jconfig.h are in the same
> directory, so
>     #include "../../src/jpeg/jconfig.h"
> or even much more simply just
>     #include "jconfig.h"
> seems appropriate. I tried with both, and both worked well.

Could you check what include pathes are set for libjpeg?

Settings -> Additional include directories:
..\..\libjpeg,..\..\thotlib\include

> Now when I use F5 on the "Compiler" application, it runs very
> well and at the end says:
>
>    Build process success ...
>
>    You can build Amaya
>
> Great! Then compilation went fine for a while. There were some
> warnings about uncasted conversions from unsigned long to unsigned
> char in libraptor, but I guess that's not a big deal and not
> something you'll fix. Things then go well until we arrive at
> the amaya project itself. I get the following warning followed
> by an error:
>    Warning: failed to build (or don't understand how to build):
>        'D:\Amaya-recompile\Amaya\amaya\wxdialog\amaya.rc'
>    RC: fatal error RC1110 : could not open
>        D:\Amaya-recompile\Amaya\amaya\wxdialog\amaya.rc
>    execution error of rc.exe

The amaya.rc must be located in the amaya directory and not in amaya\wxdialog
I don't understand why your Visual Studio is looking for an amaya.rc in the
wxdialog directory.
More, the amaya.rc file is only used to compile without the _WX option, but
you're compiling the WX version.

--
     Irène.
-----