Re: [amaya-dev]Re: More questions abour the build system

On Friday 27 October 2006 17:06, regis@imalip.net wrote:
> > Normally we have to use static raptor & redland.
>
> Is there a specific reason to that ?

Unfortunately yes, when the API changes from one version to another.

> Well, I will try to do some work on that anyway, and provide clearly
> separated patches so you can easily analyze them.

> >> Also, to react on Hugh Sasse, I certainly second the request to have a
> >> tarball unpacking everything into a subdirectory. Though I'm trying to
> >> move away from the fullsrc archive for the Debian package, I was
> >> disappointed to end up with 5 directories the first time...
> >
> > Yes, I agree with the Hugh request.
> > I guess we also have to generate two different fullsrc archives: one for
> > Windows and another for Linux and MacOs platforms.
> > Today the fullsrc archive includes the Mesa library that is not needed on
> > Windows platforms, and libraries that are only needed on Windows
> > platforms (png, jpeg, freetype), but this should be prepared and
> > experimented.
>
> Honestly, my aim is slightly different. What I would like to see is a -src
> archive which can be built without using any static library on systems
> providing the shared ones. I already do this with the Debian package,
> though my patch doesn't cover all the cases (and is therefore not ready
> for inclusion).

On our side, we'll continue to generate Amaya versions with some static
libraries. That concerns libraries that need patches or whose API changes
between two versions.

--
     Irène.
-----