Re: [amaya-dev]Re: still trying to compile Amaya on Windows

Hello Irene,

At 16:29 06/10/26, Irene Vatton wrote:

>Hi Martin,
>
>I think the origin of all your problems is due to projects renaming.
>I cannot imagine that your Windows system doesn't accept three-letter
>application or file names.
>Perhaps files were renamed because there were some already existing files with
>the same name and the system added a '1' to new generated names.
>Could you try to start with a clean up space and re-extract sources.
>When that is done, check if files are now correctly named.

I have restarted compilation with a fresh distribution.
This was amaya-fullsrc-9.52.tgz, with a size of 30,132,406 bytes.
Things went better than last time, project renaming didn't occur anymore.

The issue that jconfig.h isn't found still persists. In two subprojects,
both lebThotEditor and printlib, this happens when compiling jpeghandler.c,
which includes jpeglib.h, which then wants to include jconfig.h, with
    #include "../src/jpeg/jconfig.h"
Looking at the actual files, jpeglib.h and jconfig.h are in the same
directory, so
    #include "../../src/jpeg/jconfig.h"
or even much more simply just
    #include "jconfig.h"
seems appropriate. I tried with both, and both worked well.

Now when I use F5 on the "Compiler" application, it runs very
well and at the end says:

   Build process success ...

   You can build Amaya

Great! Then compilation went fine for a while. There were some
warnings about uncasted conversions from unsigned long to unsigned
char in libraptor, but I guess that's not a big deal and not
something you'll fix. Things then go well until we arrive at
the amaya project itself. I get the following warning followed
by an error:
   Warning: failed to build (or don't understand how to build):
       'D:\Amaya-recompile\Amaya\amaya\wxdialog\amaya.rc'
   RC: fatal error RC1110 : could not open
       D:\Amaya-recompile\Amaya\amaya\wxdialog\amaya.rc
   execution error of rc.exe

Looking at the situation, I find
   D:\Amaya-recompile\Amaya\amaya\amaya.rc
but not
   D:\Amaya-recompile\Amaya\amaya\wxdialog\amaya.rc
I took the easy way and copied amaya.rc to wxdialog. When doing
that, I get another error:
   D:\Amaya-recompile\Amaya\amaya\wxdialog\amaya.rc (34):
      error RC2104 : undefined keyword or key name: IDC_CHARSET_TITLE
Looking for IDC_CHARSET_TITLE on Google, Amaya is the only place this
comes up, so I'm at a loss of what to do. Please help. Thanks!

Regards,    Martin.