[AAPI] Minutes UAI TF Meeting, Tuesday 6 December 2016

URL: https://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-aapi-minutes.html

Plain text follows:


      [1] http://www.w3.org/

   Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group Teleconference

06 Dec 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-aapi-irc


          Joseph_Scheuhammer, Joanmarie_Diggs, Bryan_Garaventa,




     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]ACTION-2120: (Joseph/Bogdan) UIA: clean up mapping
            for aria-haspopup.
         2. [5]ACTION-2070: (Joseph/Bogdan) Add UIA Range Value
            Pattern to the range related roles in the role mapping
            table (e.g., slider).
         3. [6]ISSUE-1038: (Bogdan) Mappings for feed, figure,
            term, and UIA in general.
         4. [7]ISSUE-618: (All) Orphan test file.
         5. [8]ISSUE-705: (Rich) Harmonize the list of mappings
            for MSAA, UIA, IA2, and possibly other platforms.
         6. [9]ISSUE-654: (All) Add label and description changes
            to change event section.
         7. [10]Triage issues/actions:
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions

   <clown> agenda: this

   <scribe> scribe: joanie

ACTION-2120: (Joseph/Bogdan) UIA: clean up mapping for aria-haspopup.

   <clown> action-2120?

   <trackbot> action-2120 -- Bogdan Brinza to UIA: clean up
   mapping for aria-haspopup -- due 2016-10-18 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2120

     [13] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2120

   JS: We talked about this last week.
   ... There was something in his original wording about


     [14] https://github.com/w3c/aria/pull/467#issuecomment-263687119

   JS: You (Rich) wrote a comment in github indicating it would
   not work (URL above).
   ... He reworded it, you (Rich) said it was fine.



   JS: So I've merged it in.
   ... The URL above is an example (aria-haspopup="true")
   ... (Reads from spec)

   RS: That it's an "if" (i.e. if the author has put it)

   JS: Correction, I thought I had done the changes but I guess I
   did not.
   ... I have it locally.

   <richardschwerdtfeger> Implement ExpandCollapse Control
   Pattern. If the element has aria-expanded (state), set the
   ExpandCollapseState property to match it.

   RS: I see it updated.
   ... The text above is what I am seeing.

   JS: Firefox is showing me the old wording.
   ... Chrome shows the correct wording.

   RS: You good?

   JS: I am good if everyone else is good.
   ... He (Bogdan) has closed the pull request.
   ... So I want to close the action.

   RS: Ok.

   JS: It's already closed. Bogdan closed it this morning.

ACTION-2070: (Joseph/Bogdan) Add UIA Range Value Pattern to the range
related roles in the role mapping table (e.g., slider).

   <clown> action-2070?

   <trackbot> action-2070 -- Bogdan Brinza to Add UIA Range Value
   Pattern to the range related roles in the role mapping table
   (e.g., slider). -- due 2016-07-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2070

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2070

   JS: This is something to do with the range value pattern as it
   applies to slider, scrollbar, and the like.

   <clown> [17]https://github.com/w3c/aria/pull/495

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/aria/pull/495

   JS: He had a pull request.
   ... I looked at it yesterday, but it wasn't different.
   ... It appears that he updated it yesterday.
   ... Oh, he's combined it with figure, term, etc.

   RS: Branch?



   JS: Link above for feed, which is the first one.

   RS: Looks ok to me.
   ... Didn't we look at these last week?

   JS: Figure looks good.

   RS: Yup.

   JS: Next is term, with control type of list item.

   RS: OK

   JS: Matches MSAA
   ... Next is aria-colcount.



   RS: colindex goes on grid item, colspan does too.
   ... Looks good.
   ... rowcount goes on the grid.

   JS: rowindex and rowspan also look good.

   RS: Yup.

   JS: Where did he do the range thing?
   ... He is doing something with a "range value pattern."
   ... It should be on slider.
   ... It says implement range control pattern. I think that's the
   new piece.

   RS: Makes sense.

   JS: On slider, spinbutton, scrollbar....

   RS: I think we looked at these last week.

   JS: What else is there?

   RS: Progressbar

   JS: That's the last one.

   RS: And he did not do it the same way.

   JS: There's an "if" on that one, because it can be

   RS: That's odd.

   JS: Do we want to ask a question?

   JD: It's a busy indicator.

   JS: Actually this is the same text we had.

   RS: I think this is ok.
   ... We'll see what happens when we go through the actual
   ... But this is good, he put them all in.

   JS: I'll assign it to me as a reminder to pull it.

   RS: Did he update the changelog?

   JS: I don't think so, but I'll write myself a note to do it.

   RS: This should close a lot of issues.

   JS: I'll do a due date of tomorrow so it will start popping up
   later this week.
   ... I'll close it once I do the pull.

ISSUE-1038: (Bogdan) Mappings for feed, figure, term, and UIA in

   <clown> issue-1038?

   <trackbot> issue-1038 -- Need mappings for role="feed",
   "figure", "term" for all AAPIs -- open

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1038

     [20] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1038

   JS: This one we already dealt with.
   ... But this one also includes James Craig's work as a
   ... So I won't close this until James Craig does his stuff.

ISSUE-618: (All) Orphan test file.

   <clown> issue-618?

   <trackbot> issue-618 -- MSAA selection event mapping for single
   selection case when item becomes unselected -- open

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/618

     [21] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/618

   JS: I went through this yesterday to figure out what it was.
   ... I've since partially forgotten about it.
   ... Buried at the bottom is a comment from Cynthia that she
   made a test file for this.


     [22] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2014Jun/0007.html

   JS: She didn't have a place for the file, so she emailed it to
   the xtech list (URL above)
   ... I did some digging and talked with Michael to see if the
   test ever made it into the harness, etc.
   ... We discovered that it only exists in this email.
   ... I'd like to push this off to the testing group to have them
   decide if they can use it.
   ... Whom can I choose from the testing group for this?

   RS: Let me take a look.
   ... What is the test?

   JS: It's for mapping when an item becomes unselected in MSAA
   and you want to see what event is emitted.
   ... I think it's a selection-remove event.

   RS: Is it in the spec?

   JS: I believe so.

   RS: We can add it to the harness.
   ... But I don't know which specific item it belongs to.

   JS: There is (and was) no test case for this.
   ... And it wasn't clear what the expected behavior should be.
   ... There was no test case in ARIA 1.0 for this.
   ... Alex told me they use selection-remove in this particular
   ... The case being the removal of selection from a single item
   in a container.

   <richardschwerdtfeger> d


     [23] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1

   <clown> "I've been asking the testing sub-group about this, and
   the current expectation is that we won't use the
   /WAI/PF/testharness/ tool at all, it will be fully covered by
   the automated test harness."


     [24] https://www.w3.org/wiki/ARIA_1.1_Testable_Statements

   JS: The above statement is what Michael told me.

   RS: And the URL I just provided is the right case.

   JS: So it sounds like I can give this file to you, Rich.
   ... And you can decide to include it or decide it doesn't
   belong or whatever.

   Group: (Discussion about status of events and testing thereof)

   <clown> ACTION: Rich to deal with Cynthia's test file
   referenced in ISSUE-618 [recorded in

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-aapi-irc]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2129 - Deal with cynthia's test file
   referenced in issue-618 [on Richard Schwerdtfeger - due

   <richardschwerdtfeger> action-219?

   <trackbot> Sorry, but action-219 does not exist.

   <clown> action-2129

   <trackbot> action-2129 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Deal with
   cynthia's test file referenced in issue-618 -- due 2016-12-13
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2129

     [26] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2129

   JD: We added initial support to the ATTA, but I don't believe
   anyone has written any assertions yet.

   Group: Rich will add this to his TODO list, a new action will
   be created, Rich will talk to Joanie and Shane before defining
   anything significant.

   <richardschwerdtfeger> Talk to Shane and Joanie on how to
   handle events before doing the following:

   <richardschwerdtfeger> Create a testable statement, test case,
   and expected results:


     [27] https://www.w3.org/wiki/ARIA_1.1_Testable_Statements

ISSUE-705: (Rich) Harmonize the list of mappings for MSAA, UIA, IA2,
and possibly other platforms.

   <clown> issue-705?

   <trackbot> issue-705 -- Harmonize the list of mappings for
   MSAA, UIA, IA2, and possibly other platforms. -- open

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/705

     [28] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/705

   JS: I have a feeling this issue has been handled.
   ... But have a look at this and tell me if you think this issue
   is still valid.
   ... You (Rich) sent the original email out.

   RS: I thought we went through all of that.

   JS: That's my recollection, but I couldn't remember any
   ... Are we closing this issue?

   RS: Sure.

ISSUE-654: (All) Add label and description changes to change event

   <clown> issue-654?

   <trackbot> issue-654 -- Add label and description changes to
   section "State and Property Change Events" -- open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/654

     [29] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/654





   JS: This issue is about events.
   ... If the label or description changes, it fires an event.
   ... I think James Teh wanted an event for descriptions, and
   Firefox put it in.


     [32] https://w3c.github.io/aria/accname-aam/accname-aam.html#events

   JS: I put the mappings in the accname-aam.
   ... If the description changes, an event is fired:
   ... No one said you have to pay attention to it. But it's there
   if you need it.

   BG: I brought it up.
   ... I have you a tooltip, and the tooltip element isn't
   showing/rendered, the description relationship would not be in
   place until the tooltip was rendered.

   JS: The URL I gave has the event mapping for all platforms.

   RS: One problem, you have "TBD" for AXAPI's accessible

   JS: Joanie, would you happen to know off-hand if there's an
   event for this?

   <clown> ACTION: Joanie to determine if AX API supports an event
   if the accessible description changes. [recorded in

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-aapi-irc]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2130 - Determine if ax api supports
   an event if the accessible description changes. [on Joanmarie
   Diggs - due 2016-12-13].

   JD: No, but I can grep through code.

   <clown> action-2130

   <trackbot> action-2130 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Determine if ax
   api supports an event if the accessible description changes. --
   due 2016-12-13 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2130

     [34] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2130

   JD: But I cannot do it while scribing.

   Group: Give Joanie an action.

Triage issues/actions:

     [35] https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23

   <clown> issue-635

   <trackbot> issue-635 -- Determine if uaig mappings for rowgroup
   are correct -- open

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/635

     [36] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/635

   JS: Alex added accessibles for rowgroup.
   ... The last thing is that everyone here, including Cynthia,
   agreed we should map rowgroup to something in the various
   accessibility APIs.



   JS: All provided mappings, but AXAPI.
   ... Before, rowgroup was not mapped to anything.
   ... There was a lot of discussion.
   ... James Craig thinks it should not be mapped and Firefox
   should remove it.
   ... Alex feels that authors could make rowgroups focusable,
   interactive, etc.
   ... James Craig, I believe, thinks authors should not do that.

   RS: I don't think we'll get consensus on this one.
   ... So I would close it as a WONTFIX.
   ... Because we cannot achieve cross-platform consensus.
   ... And it's unlikely this will ever become a real issue.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Joanie to determine if AX API supports an event
   if the accessible description changes. [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: Rich to deal with Cynthia's test file referenced
   in ISSUE-618 [recorded in

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-aapi-irc
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-aapi-irc

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

Received on Tuesday, 6 December 2016 21:08:48 UTC