Minutes: [aapi] UAI TF Meeting Agenda Tue Jul 29 2014

Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2014/07/29-aapi-minutes.html

Copy of text version follows.

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

           Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/29-aapi-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Joseph_Scheuhammer, Bryan_Garaventa, David_Bolter,
          Rich_Schwerdtfeger

   Regrets
          Cynthia_Shelley

   Chair
          Joseph_Scheuhammer

   Scribe
          bgaraventa1979

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]News: ISSUE-651/ISSUE-669: (All) Mechanisms to
            better indicate invalid inputs.
         2. [5]News: First version of SVG2 and HTML mapping guides
            now on github.
         3. [6]News: ISSUE-651/ISSUE-669: (All) Mechanisms to
            better indicate invalid inputs.
         4. [7]SVG accessibility
     * [8]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 29 July 2014

   <clown> agenda: this

   <clown> agneda+ ACTION-1457: (Cynthia) Ask Michael to create
   1.1. test harness (move date).

   <clown> scribenick: bgaraventa1979

   take up next agendum

   <clown> topic?

   <clown> topic?

News: ISSUE-651/ISSUE-669: (All) Mechanisms to better indicate
invalid inputs.

News: First version of SVG2 and HTML mapping guides now on github.

   JS: Rich has uploaded the first mapping guide to github

   <clown>
   [9]http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg/svg-implementation.htm

      [9] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg/svg-implementation.html

   <clown>
   [10]http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg/svg-implementation.ht
   ml#mapping_role_table

     [10] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg/svg-implementation.html#mapping_role_table

   JS: doc has the same structure and contents as the core mapping
   guide, but role mapping it lists the SVG elements
   ... it has links back to the core

   <clown>
   [11]http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg/svg-implementation.ht
   ml#mapping_role_table#role-map-a

     [11] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg/svg-implementation.html#mapping_role_table

   DB: link goes back to the start of the doc in FF and Safari

   JS: Link does the same thing in FF

   <clown>
   [12]http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg/svg-implementation.ht
   ml#role-map-a

     [12] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg/svg-implementation.html#role-map-a

   JS: open the first entery and it has a link that points back to
   the core

News: ISSUE-651/ISSUE-669: (All) Mechanisms to better indicate
invalid inputs.

   <clown> issue-651?

   <trackbot> issue-651 -- Allow aria-invalid to specify more
   types of errors including custom errors -- raised

   <trackbot> [13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/651

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/651

   JS: James N said aria-invalid needs more information for custom
   errors

   <clown> issue-669?

   <trackbot> issue-669 -- Need ability to differentiate and
   reference error messages on invalid form elements -- raised

   <trackbot> [14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/669

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/669

   JS: Rich wants to use role=anotation
   ... from group discusssion yesterday, anotation isn't the same
   thing as an error
   ... such as a note
   ... then errors will be treated the same as notes
   ... I didn't get the impression that everybody agreed on note
   ... we left it open for more research, James N is going to look
   into patterns, Rich will do the same for IBM
   ... Others will do the same for feedback

   <clown>
   [15]http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/implementation/aria-imple
   mentation.html#ariaInvalidUnknown

     [15] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/implementation/aria-implementation.html#ariaInvalidUnknown

   JS: I looked into the mapping guide, and pointed out that we
   already have a default value for invalid, such as
   aria-invalid="it's Matt's fault" and it maps correctly in the
   accessibility tree, verified in Safari
   ... you could use this mapping technique to add custom values,
   but there is a lot of resistance

   <clown> issue-671?

   <trackbot> issue-671 -- UAIG should expose aria-invalid as
   token values (as defined per spec), not strings. -- raised

   <trackbot> [16]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/671

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/671

   <clown>
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jul/008
   1.html

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jul/0081.html

   JS: so James Craig raised the relevant issue
   ... I proposed for UIA, instead of exposing the unknown value,
   map it to false
   ... for Iaccessible2 and ATK, change to invalid:true as the
   text attribute
   ... and for AXAPI: set axinvalid to true
   ... so I posed the question, what are those text attributes

   DB: I agree with Marco

   JS: Will wait on JD for more input
   ... anything further?

   <clown>
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jul/008
   1.html

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jul/0081.html

   <clown>
   [19]http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/implementation/aria-imple
   mentation.html#ariaInvalidUnknown

     [19] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/implementation/aria-implementation.html#ariaInvalidUnknown

   RS: so what would you do with aria-invalid on a slect?

   <clown> <select aria-invalid="true" ...>

   DB: not sure

   RS: we need to figure out what is done because there is no text
   attribute
   ... I can understand it for some fields that support the
   attribute, but not on those that don't support a text attribute

   BG: is aria-invalid acceptable as being inheritable?

   JS: no

   <clown> [20]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/671

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/671

   RS: will file an issue against aria-invalid and mapping to
   widgets

   JS: invalid is a state, not an object

   <clown>
   [21]http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/implementation/aria-imple
   mentation.html#ariaInvalidUnknown

     [21] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/implementation/aria-implementation.html#ariaInvalidUnknown

   <clown> Set IA2_STATE_INVALID_ENTRY

   <clown> Expose the value as a text attribute

   JS: you set the state, and expose it as a text attribute
   ... changes in spec are pending David's investigation

   <richardschwerdtfeger> ACTION: david Investigate issue 671 and
   propose a solution that is clear for widgets [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/29-aapi-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-1492 - Investigate issue 671 and
   propose a solution that is clear for widgets [on David Bolter -
   due 2014-08-05].

   JS: before we move on, I will not be here for the next two
   weeks
   ... the 5th and 12th specifically, back for the 19th
   ... do you want to pospone meetings?

   DB: that sounds good to wait till the 19th

SVG accessibility

   DB: genrally discussing SVG mappings

   RS: we need to work on the name computation, plus on other
   aspects further

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: david Investigate issue 671 and propose a
   solution that is clear for widgets [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/29-aapi-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-07-29 20:04:50 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11
Check for newer version at [26]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/js Rich/JS: Rich/
Succeeded: s/doc in Safari/doc in FF and Safari/
Found ScribeNick: bgaraventa1979
Inferring Scribes: bgaraventa1979
Default Present: Joseph_Scheuhammer, Bryan_Garaventa, David_Bolter, Rich
_Schwerdtfeger
Present: Joseph_Scheuhammer Bryan_Garaventa David_Bolter Rich_Schwerdtfe
ger
Regrets: Cynthia_Shelley
Found Date: 29 Jul 2014
Guessing minutes URL: [27]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/29-aapi-minutes.html
People with action items: david

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/29-aapi-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

   [End of [28]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm