Re: Summarizing the contentious history of re-opened PFWG-ISSUE-348: Consider renaming (now actually 'deprecating' in ARIA 1.1) role="presentation" to avoid avoid author confusion

What about role=""? An explicitly empty string for the role value could be a synonym for role="presentation"

On Jan 28, 2014, at 4:54 PM, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Some of other ideas...
>
> Role=text

FWIW, text is already on the table as a 1.1 role.

ISSUE-435: Consider role="text" to expose elements (and contents) as static text node
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/435