Re: Summarizing the contentious history of re-opened PFWG-ISSUE-348: Consider renaming (now actually 'deprecating' in ARIA 1.1) role="presentation" to avoid avoid author confusion

Jason, good point re "decorative" images being irrelevant in
specific contexts.  However the problem remains "decorati ve" for
whom?  If it were  irrelevant  for *all* users, then it wouldn't
be there in the first place;_)

Looking forward, rather than backward in time, perhaps we need to
expand  both the set of accessibility related attributes as well
as their value space to better express the underlying intent --
for instance, an image that is purely presentational/decorative
to someone who is blind might end up adding value to someone who
has difficulty grasping the underlying content from the text alone.