Minutes: [aapi] UAI TF Meeting Tue Sep 03 2013

Link: http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-aapi-minutes.html

Plain text version follows:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

            Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference
                               03 Sep 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2013Sep/0000.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-aapi-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Joseph_Scheuhammer, David_Bolter, Michael_Cooper,
           Cynthia_Shelly

    Regrets
    Chair
           Joseph_Scheuhammer

    Scribe
           clown

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]ACTION-1255
          2. [6]ACTION-1256
          3. [7]outstanding action items.
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 03 September 2013

    RRSAgent: make log public

    <scribe> scribenick: clown

ACTION-1255

    action-1255?

    <trackbot> action-1255 -- Cynthia Shelly to Look into toggle
    patterns and how that needs to be modified in the uaig. -- due
    2013-09-03 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [9]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1255

       [9] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1255

    DB: cynthia will arrive at the half hour.

    JS: there test case involving radio buttons and aria-checked.
    ... MSAA+UIA express is supposed to expose using UIA
    togglepattern,
    ... But, Cynthia discovered it's using MSAA selection pattern.
    ... So, she is looking throughout the mapping table for cases
    where UIA TogglePatteren is supposed to be exposed, and
    reevaluting.
    ... just wanted FF to know in case it is implementing MSAA+UIA
    express as currently specified in UAIG.
    ... it may change.

ACTION-1256

    action-1256?

    <trackbot> action-1256 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Modify msaa+uia
    express entry for aria-checked on menuitemradio button to use
    msaa selectable state and selected proerty instead of uia
    togglepattern. -- due 2013-09-03 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [10]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1256

      [10] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1256

    JS: my action to change the UIAG for menuitemradiobutton to not
    use the togglepattern for MSAA+UIA Express.
    ... Use MSAA selectable state and selected property instead for
    exposing aria-checked.
    ... almost did the work, but not sure where to make the change.
    ... Under role=menuitemradiobutton, or under aria-checked?
    ... the problem is that aria-checked is too general  also
    applies to checkboxes.
    ... probaby under the role, with a note under aria-checked.
    ... Under menuitemradiobutton, UAIG says:
    ROLE_SYSTEM_RADIOBUTTON or ROLE_SYSTEM_MENUITEM
    ... could add: expose aria-checked as SELECTABLE and SELECTED.

    DB: there is some info in the states/properties table about
    this.
    ... look at aria-selected.

    JS: trouble is a table doesn't handle it. Need some way to
    express "if" conditions, like "if a radio bution, ";
    otherwise...

    topic; ACTION-982

    action-982?

    <trackbot> action-982 -- Cynthia Shelly to Create UIA special
    case test cases from existing generated test cases. -- due
    2013-07-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [11]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/982

      [11] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/982

    JS: I goofed since I thought this was about creating special
    UAIG test cases.
    ... but it's about special UIA test cases.
    ... so I suggested Michael may have done this already, and we
    should email him.
    ... but, he rightly pointed out that this has nothing to do
    with him.
    ... But, the real question is: what are these special case UIA
    test cases?

    MC: I wasn't clear when I took a work.
    ... the generator took everything in, and it's not clear there
    is any additional work.

    JS: before my time. So, I really don't know what this is all
    about.
    ... see Andi's last comment. RIng any bells, David?

    DB: not really.

    JS: you have one too, David. Action-983

    action-983

    <trackbot> action-983 -- David Bolter to Create MSAA/IA2
    special case test cases from existing generated test cases for
    the tables. -- due 2012-03-14 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [12]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/983

      [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/983

    <davidb> exciting!

    DB: I remember this.
    ... we have some special cases that may not be tested.

    JS: are these pending?

    DB: we don't know if there are zero or 20 of these. How
    exhaustive do we need to be?
    ... How keen are we about this?

    JS: I don't know.
    ... Michael, do you know?
    ... Is this a blocker?

    MC: probably not.
    ... we want to handle major interoperability holes, we need to
    cover them

    DB: these are like extra sugar.

    MC: we'd like to hang onto them and handle them down the road.

    action-982?

    <trackbot> action-982 -- Cynthia Shelly to Create UIA special
    case test cases from existing generated test cases. -- due
    2013-07-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/982

      [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/982

    JS: we just discussed a similar action on david with respect to
    special IA2 test cases.
    ... and we just concluded, we can probably put them off.

    CS: okay, do we need this for rec or aria?

    MC: the main point is to test interoperability.
    ... where there is no interoperability issue, then we don't
    have to test it.
    ... but as far as UAIG exit, it's more arguable. It puts it us
    back a month of two.
    ... but, we don't want to be in a position to discover that
    something won't work.
    ... so sooner rather than later.

    CS: we can put it off.

    [14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/10

      [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/10

    JS: ; can we put realistic dates on these two action about
    special test cases for UIA and IA2?
    ... ; can we put realistic dates on these two action about
    special test cases for UIA and IA2?

    CS: when do we think we are going to do last call?
    ... when the testing is done?

    MC: I think largely completed the test suite, and we will be
    able to test everything.
    ... if we do testing while doc is in last call, <missed the
    rest>

    CS: would a halloween date be okay?

    MC: there may be some holes in the current test suite.
    ... when we go to last call, there is a 60 day wait period.
    ... which means we can't exit LC until next year?

    CS: how about sep 30?

    MC: I would like that. that means there is a hope of exiting CR
    by the end of the year.

    CS: well, let's leave the due dates as is, and try to get them
    done.

outstanding action items.

    action-847?

    <trackbot> action-847 -- Michael Cooper to Create script to
    hide columns at user choice in UAIG tables to yield less wide
    tables -- due 2011-06-21 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/847

      [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/847

    CS: if we never did that, it would not stop shipping.

    JS: it's Michael's action.

    MC: we can do that later.

    JS: let's create a UAIG 1.1 product.

    resolved: mover action-847 to UAIG 1.1. product.

    action-967?

    <trackbot> action-967 -- Janina Sajka to work with Rich to work
    with DAISY establish a structural navigation model for ARIA
    landmarks related to comment 362 -- due 2012-05-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/967

      [16] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/967

    JS: I will talk with Janina about this, and its status.

    action-971?

    <trackbot> action-971 -- Michael Cooper to Create test cases
    for the table at the end of UAIG section 6.2 defining how UAs
    handle missing required attributes for particular roles -- due
    2012-10-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/971

      [17] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/971

    CS: I think Rich and dealt with these recently.

    MC: I wasn't sure what to do with it.

    CS: It might be done.

    User agent MUST NOT expose WAI-ARIA attributes that reference
    unresolved ID

    CS: but that's for the table at the end of 6.2, not for any
    other part of the section.
    ... so, we can close this.

    JS: I agree that this has been taken over by events. We can
    close it.

    action-973?

    <trackbot> action-973 -- Michael Cooper to Work with David
    Bolter and Larry Weiss to create testable statements for UAIG
    4.2 Controlling focus with tabindex, bullet 11 -- due
    2013-07-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/973

      [18] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/973

    MC: I think that we created last week.

    CS: no, it was assigned to you last week.

    MC: there were a lot of test cases created, so it may be
    covered.

    When the user triggers an element with a defined activation
    behavior in a manner other than clicking it, such as by
    pressing Enter, simulate a click on the element. The steps to
    simulate a click include:

    1. running pre-click activation steps

    2. firing a click event

    3. running post-click activation steps

    If the event is cancelled, run cancelled activation steps on
    the element instead.

    MC: I think it's covered. I've been struggling with the test
    files, but there is a test case.
    ... checking the test cases; let me look.

    <MichaelC> close action-973

    <trackbot> Closed action-973.

    MC: I'm inclined to say it's done.

    action-1102?

    <trackbot> action-1102 -- David Bolter to Get someone to look
    at the SHOULD statements in the Role Mapping table. Can these
    be changed from "SHOULD be exposed" to "expose as" -- due
    2012-07-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1102

      [19] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1102

    JS: I can't see who created this, nor the rationale.

    MC: there might be minutes.

    <MichaelC> action-1102:
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2012/07/24-aapi-minutes#item02

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2012/07/24-aapi-minutes#item02

    <trackbot> Notes added to action-1102 Get someone to look at
    the SHOULD statements in the Role Mapping table. Can these be
    changed from "SHOULD be exposed" to "expose as".

    If
    [21]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/states_and_properties#aria-ha
    spopup="true", expose as ROLE_SYSTEM_BUTTONMENU

      [21] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/states_and_properties#aria-haspopup=

    If aria-haspopup="true", expose as ROLE_SYSTEM_BUTTONMENU

    CS: is there a test case.

    [22]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testcases/edit?testsu
    ite_id=1&testcase_id=732

      [22] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testcases/edit?testsuite_id=1&testcase_id=732

    CS: sounds like the action is done.

    These
    [23]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#def_object
    SHOULD NOT be exposed for a submenu if there is a parent menu
    item spawning the submenu

      [23] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#def_object

    These objects SHOULD NOT be exposed for a submenu if there is a
    parent menu item spawning the submenu

    JS: I'm 95% certain that it's done.

    CS: And let's do this again next week.

    JS: Okay.

    MC: we have triaged out some actions, and we can do some more
    next week.

    JS: Okay, thanks all.

    RRSAgent: make minutes

    RRSAgent: make minutes

    RRSAgent: make minutes

    RRSAgent: make minutes

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
     1.138 ([25]CVS log)
     $Date: 2013-09-03 20:13:46 $
      __________________________________________________________

      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

-- 
;;;;joseph.


'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
              - J. D. Klaun -

Received on Tuesday, 3 September 2013 20:18:13 UTC