OT: ARIA dialog examples (Was: suggest deprecating alertdialog role in ARIA 1.1)

Comments inline:

On Sep 12, 2012, at 2:15 PM, Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie> wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> Good example. I don't get it as the code is similar.
>
> In yours
>
> div id="modal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="modalTitle modalDescription" aria-hidden="false" style="display: block;">
>
> then in James

Though the markup is similar, the functionality controlled by the JavaScript is different. Greg's example focuses the dialog with tabindex="-1", and my example focuses the natively focusable button inside the non-focusable dialog.

> Yours has a neg tabindex - and VO announces it, but not James.

Does that mean my example is not working for you? Are you running 10.8 and Safari 6 yet? It may be a version difference. Both examples work well for me.

I expect this thread is digressing off-topic, and suggest we discuss it off-list if a regular Software Update does not resolve your problem.