Re: [Filter Effects][css3-transforms] Using MathML for formulas

Hi Davide,
I usually test with JAWS/Orca/NVDA/VoiceOver.

I am unsure about the suitability of aria relationship attributes in this
case as I mentioned in my reply to Cameron.
I am looking at methods to provide the prose form of the equations, I think
it is something that should be available to all users, but not displayed by
default.
I am considereing the use of the HTML5 figure element for the math
container and the details element to provide a container for the prose
form, will provide more details later, but this is an example:

<figure>
  <figcaption>caption for math</figcaption>
   <math>
<mrow>
        <mi>x</mi>
        <mo>=</mo>
        <mfrac>
          <mrow>
            <mo>-</mo>
            <mi>b</mi>
            <mo>±</mo>
            <msqrt>
              <mrow>
                <msup>
                  <mi>b</mi>
                  <mn>2</mn>
                </msup>
                <mo>-</mo>
                <mn>4</mn>
                <mi>a</mi>
                <mi>c</mi>
              </mrow>
            </msqrt>
          </mrow>
          <mrow>
            <mn>2</mn>
            <mi>a</mi>
          </mrow>
        </mfrac>
      </mrow>
      </math>

square root of, 1 + square root of, 1 minus x cubed, end root, end root</p?
</details>
 </figure>

If you are unfamiliar with the details element you can see how it works
here: http://mathiasbynens.be/demo/html5-details-jquery

regards
steve

--