Re: Bug 14320 as discussed in Re: [aapi] UAI TF Meeting Minutes, November 8, 2011

On 11-11-14 4:08 PM, david bolter wrote:
> Thanks Larry.
>
> Here's a fun tricky case:
>
> In the case where there is an editable field, which has a some text
> "fo" followed by a blinking text entry bar, and there is a drop down
> of autocompletions such as "foo" "food" "fox"... etc, and in addition
> to this it is possible to up and down arrow to move the selection
> highlight among the completions, where is visual keyboard focus?

Not tricky enough, or, it's just implicit:  add the fact that any
characters that the user types are shown in the text field.  Using your
example, starting with "fo":  if the user types an 'o', the text field
becomes "foo" followed by a blinking cursor.  Also, left and right
arrows move among the characters in the text field.  Yet another also,
shift+left/right arrows select characters in the text field.

Yours in explicitness,

--
;;;;joseph

'I had some dreams, they were clowns in my coffee. Clowns in my coffee.'
                      - C. Simon (misheard lyric) -