Re: Guidelines for controls for HTML5 video players.

On 11-12-21 2:55 PM, Chris Blouch wrote:
> You might want to consider the approach taken in jQueryUI where real
> elements are used under the hood but are overlaid by styled elements
> to be consistent from browser to browser. For example, in the Buttons
> section of our demo page:
>
> http://access.aol.com/aegis/#goto_button
>
> the Shuffle control is really a checkbox under the hood. If you click
> the Destroy button you can see the underlying form controls used to
> generate the visual experience.
>
> CB

Thanks Chris.  I've passed on your link.

I checked what FF does with that shuffle button (on linux/atk/atspi).
It is incorrectly exposing the <label role="button" aria-pressed="false"
...> as a push button, and not a toggle.  They have found the bug, and
are looking into making a change.

I also noticed that both the "Shuffle" button and the "Shuffle" checkbox
show up in the a11y tree, but there should only be one of them (I
assume).  In short, it's not working in terms of overlaying the checkbox
and "hiding" it with the aria toggle button.  But, I don't know whose
responsibility this is; whether it should be handled by the
markup/styles, or something that the browser should be doing.  Something
for you to look into.  :-)

Thanks again.

--
;;;;joseph

'I had some dreams, they were clowns in my coffee. Clowns in my coffee.'
                      - C. Simon (misheard lyric) -