Re: Guidelines for controls for HTML5 video players.

You might want to consider the approach taken in jQueryUI where real
elements are used under the hood but are overlaid by styled elements to
be consistent from browser to browser. For example, in the Buttons
section of our demo page:

http://access.aol.com/aegis/#goto_button

the Shuffle control is really a checkbox under the hood. If you click
the Destroy button you can see the underlying form controls used to
generate the visual experience.

CB