RE: indicating a context menu

Hi Hans,

thanks a lot for clarification.

>>> Most screen reader users will not know they can try out Shift + F10 to find out relevant  options through the context menu.

Well, I think you mean "... find out relevant options through the CUSTOM context menu.", right?
And to indicate CUSTOM context menu you propose a "aria-hascontext" property, right?

It was new to me that "Most screen reader users will not know Shift + F10 to open (browser) context menu". Is it so? Are there statistics about that? You know I want to avoid a situation where design proposals are made based on personal opinions (we have this too often). Understand me right, I don't doubt your statement, just want to have some broader ack on this.

But if so, I stil feel for browser-provided context menus still the UA-AT interoperability should take care.

For custom context menus like in

would come in handy (more typed)

and

   <input type="text" aria-haspopup="true">

could then be denoted e.g. to indicate an associated a DIALOG-like tooltip or a input helper dialog (e.g. date picker) that will be opened when the respective action is executed.

For

   <input role="combo">

aria-hascontext="true" canbe ommitted but

   <input role="combo" aria-haspopup="true">

would be an option to indicate an associated a DIALOG as described above.

Opinions?

Bonus Question:

How to make clear the relationship between the two individual buttons of combo button element in
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/dojotoolkit/dijit/tests/form/test_Button.html ?
(It is ONE single element). Is there a good pattern for such cases?

Best Regards
Stefan