Re: role="" attribute

This sounds very reasonable and definitely asks for a "why not?" answer.

Without engaging in an ad hominem "attack" I would like to know why Bro.
Hickson uses "ascii art" in his sig line. To those of us steeped in a
tradition of battling inaccessibility, even within our own ranks, it is
tantamount to flying the Confederate Battle Flag over a State Capitol
building. Almost quixotic, but still offensive.

At one time it was specifically prohibited in our Guidelines, but now it's
just lumped with other abuses of "text" - we often rail against having
"image text" and here we have "text image" without
excuse/purpose/explanation.

Love.