Re: ACTION-128: Draft @summary voting text in conjunction with PF

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, James Graham wrote:

> FWIW I would prefer not to have an "conformant with warnings" level of
> conformance but I can accept it if it helps us make progress with the
> spec.

Yeah, this most recent change has lengthened the list of things I don't
like about HTML5. :-( Unfortunately, I don't really have any good
arguments against it, especially if it can help us move forward.

> I would request the additional change that the spec include a
> description of the purpose of features that generate warnings e.g.
>
> "The summary attribute on table elements was used in older versions of
> HTML for authors to provide a description of the structure of complex
> tables. Authors should not use this attribute in HTML 5 documents but
> should instead use the caption element or one of the other techniques
> described in the table section to provide this information."

I've tried to make the spec say something like this.

Is the rest of the section ok? If not, do you have any proposed text for
the other paragraphs? I wasn't sure how to improve it.