Re: Path to Last Call (was closing various issues)

What I am "trying to say" is that accessibility MUST be a fundamental
concern for design and that in fact, the notion of isolating accessibility
from other mandatory concerns in design is intolerable. Thus the idea that
"well, after all it's only an accessibility issue and since most people
don't give a shit about that", we can proceed without it.

It is in line with the notion that since @summary or @longdesc are seldom or
badly used, there is something wrong with them rather than with those who
don't use them correctly. Its not the wheelchair that makes for
inaccessibility, it's the stairs.In other words "ONLY for accessibility"
should not even be being considered.

It is quite clear that accessibility is regularly put into the category of
"let's get it working first and then we can bolt on accessibility - if we
get around to it." Does anyone here deny that this is a fact? And I didn't
just say "often" or "sometimes", but "regularly".

Love.