Re: Path to Last Call (was closing various issues)

hi maciaej, thanks for the reply
> But it also seems too soon to declare we don't.

agreed, from my inital reading it looks ok.

>What we loosely referred to as a "shadow DOM" is in fact just the DOM
children of the <canvas>, and can be added with the ordinary DOM APIs. That
part >doesn't need new API at all.

it is the creation of the shadow dom objects that concerns me, if it is the
case that developers are required to create this in addition (just for
accessibility reasons) then it is very likely not going to happen, but if it
had utility beyond just accessibility then it would be used.

>the ones I can imagine include a way to draw a standard focus indicator

agreed, there is a checkpoint in section 508 that covers the essential
characteristics required for what I think is required for focusable rgions
on the canvas object

section 508 1194.21 [1]

(c) A well-defined on-screen indication of the current focus shall be
provided that moves among interactive interface elements as the input focus
changes. The focus shall be programmatically exposed so that Assistive
Technology can track focus and focus changes.
so if the proposed solution privides this then i will be satisfied.

regards
stevef

[1] http://www.section508.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=content&ID=12#Software

--