Google Chrome Accessibility: was: Re: [WebAIM] Using Google Chrome with a screen reader

I'm looking forward to trying it out with VoiceOver.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Klink" <klink@google.com>
To: <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Cc: "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>; <joshue.oconnor@ncbi.ie>;
"WebAIM Discussion List" <webaim-forum@list.webaim.org>;
<gawds_discuss@yahoogroups.com>; <wai-xtech@w3.org>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Using Google Chrome with a screen reader

Google Chrome, our new Open Source browser released on
Tuesday<http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/fresh-take-on-browser.html>,
strives to innovate and drive development on the web. This certainly extends
to all of our users, and the issue of accessibility is no different.

In the spirit of releasing early and iterating, this version of Chrome has
focused on basic support for keyboard navigation and
shortcuts<http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95743&query=keyboard+shortcuts&topic=&type=>,
as well as a clean user interface that is simple for all users to navigate.
At the same time, we have laid the foundations in place for exposing the
appropriate information through the Windows Accessibility APIs (used by
screen readers, etc.), as well as support for
WAI-ARIA<http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria>.
Users can expect rapid improvements in both of these areas in releases to
come.

Accessibility is important to us, and we have for some time worked on its
implementation. We look forward to releasing this, and making further
improvements for our users.

Sincerely,
Jonas Klink
Software Engineer - Accessibility
Google Inc.

--
Jonas Klink
Software Engineer - Accessibility
Google, Inc.
Phone: 650.253.8701
Email: klink@google.com

This email may be confidential or privileged.  If you received this
communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please
erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it went to the
wrong person. Thanks.