RE: alertdialog versus dialog questions, also modal versus non-modal

Ok thanks.

Interesting in your reply was also that a defined behavior of AT was/is
presumed as part of the use case

when encountering these kind of roles, whereas there is no separate
"Best Practices for AT" document available yet covering these cases.

I feel that this is still a gap bringing some lugubrious aspect in the
game for there is still much room for interpretation, even also for AT
XYZ.

So, to complete picture, on my wish list would be

1. ARIA - Best Practices for Authors

2. ARIA - Best Practices for User Agents

3. ARIA - Best Practices for Assistive Technology

Part of 3. would be e.g. rules not to suppress Alt+ArrowDown key
combinations for JS code in toolkits (for role=combobox may need an
expandable popup below that should work with recommended best practices
keyboard definitions for opening) .. generally not to suppress all key
combinations given there.

Best Regards

Stefan