Re: Using title for ARIA name is impractical!

Let me clarify this, my question is directly towards roles that support
title as a way of providing acc name -- getting name from child content or
aria-labelledby are different use cases which are not at discussion here.
Given the side effect of title to provide a tooltip for mouse hover can
there be or should there be an alternate mechanism? Why not have aria-name
which can provide the same purpose but without the side effect?

-- Srinivas