Re: Example of keyboard drag and drop.

Hi Joseph;

Cool demo.

I don't see any problems with what you've defined/proposed. My
question has to do with extensibility. The Lightbox demo only
shows moving one thing/object in the current pane. There is no
demo of dragging and dropping between containers or across
different directories. Also, the demo also didn't support
multiple selection, contiguous or not.

Below is a list of d-n-d use cases I worked up about a month ago.
  It may well turn out that these actions don't make sense with
web applications so supporting desktop-like functionality for the
above would be a waste.

Still, what is left will be more than the Lightbox demo
offers/supports. My question is does the architecture developed
for Reorderer such that it could be enhaced for multiple
selections, dragging things from one container/component across
boundaries to another?

Also, it's not clear if you were looking for feedback on what
your email introduced. Are you proposing it for the DHTML stuff
or was your post more for informational purposes?

Earl